Constituents of the City of Los Angeles and the General Public can subscribe to email notifications to receive updates regarding Public Meetings, Council Documents, or Department Newsletters. Click on one of the categories below to see all the specific notices you can subscribe to receive:
Come meet your new Neighborhood Council
Below is a reposting of the information available at:
Regular SCNC Board Meeting, with seating of new Board. DONE was to have announced this, but that apparently didn’t happen. Snacks and conversation as usual at 6:30 PM. Meeting starts at 7PM Parking in the large structure on Radford, with ADA shuttle available. Picture ID required to enter lot.
STUDIO CITY NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL Regular Board Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, May 18, 2016 7:00PM
CBS Studio Center, Building 8, MPR-3, 4024 Radford, Studio City CA, 91604
The City’s Neighborhood Council system enables civic participation for all Angelenos and serves as a voice for improving government responsiveness to local communities and their needs. We are an advisory body to the City of Los Angeles, comprised of volunteer stakeholders who are devoted to the mission of improving our communities and bringing government closer to us.
- WELCOMING REMARKS:
- Call to order & Pledge of Allegiance
- Recognition of outgoing Board
- SEATING OF THE NEW NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL BOARD
- Roll Call
- Neighborhood Council Board Member Oath
- ELECTION OF BOARD OFFICERS
- Board designation of Bank Card Holder and Second Signatory
- Board designation of NC Liaisons to City Departments and other Agencies
i. Related proposed motion from the Sustainability Committee meeting held on May 11, 2016: The Board of the Studio City Neighborhood Council appoints Lisa Cahan Davis
to the Los Angeles Valley College Citizens Building Oversight Committee (submitted by Committee Chair Lisa Cahan Davis)
- COMMUNITY/GOVERNMENT REPORTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS: (15 minutes) (Representatives from government offices, Police Department, and community-based organizations. Reports and Brief presentations only. Any questions, please follow up with presenter on the side so meeting may proceed as scheduled. Thank you.)
- LA City Council District Representative c. Other Government Departments/Agencies
- LAPD Senior Leads d. Community Organizations
- GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS: (10 minutes) Comments from the public on non-agenda items within the Board’s jurisdiction (Up to two minutes per speaker)
- ADMINISTRATIVE ITEMS: (15 minutes)
- Review and Adoption of Minutes
- Review and Adoption of the Monthly Expenditure Report (MER)
- Discussion and possible action to update the Neighborhood Council Board Roster to submit to the Department ofNeighborhood Empowerment
- Discussion and possible action to update the Neighborhood Council inventory list to submit to the Department of
a. Neighborhood Council General Board Orientation
i. Facilitated by Department of Neighborhood Empowerment staff
- BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS/ANNOUNCEMENTS
- REQUESTS/MOTIONS FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
(60 – 90 minutes)
(10 minutes) (5 minutes)
Time allocations for agenda items are approximate and may be shortened or lengthened at the discretion of the Chairperson.
PUBLIC POSTING OF AGENDAS
The agenda is posted for public review at:
- Studio City Neighborhood Council website: http://www.studiocitync.org
- CBS Studio Center, Radford and Colfax gates.
- You can also receive our agendas via email by subscribing to L.A. City’s Early Notification System athttps://www.lacity.org/city-government/subscribe-meeting-agendas-and-more/neighborhood-councils
PUBLIC INPUT AT NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL MEETINGS – The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the Board on any item on the Agenda PRIOR to the Board taking action on an item. Comments from the public on Agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments on other matters, not appearing on the Agenda that are within the Board’s subject matter jurisdiction, will be heard during the Public Comments On Non-Agenda Items period.
THE AMERICAN WITH DISABILITIES ACT – As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices and other auxiliary aids and/or services, may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least three (3) business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Studio City Neighborhood Council (818) 374-9898 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PUBLIC ACCESS OF RECORDS
In compliance with Government Code section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the Board in advance of a meeting, may be viewed at our website by clicking on the following link http://www.studiocitync.org : or, at the scheduled meeting.
RECONSIDERATION PROCESS – Reconsideration of a vote by the Board may be called as a motion by the Board members that voted on the prevailing side of the decision.
GRIEVANCE PROCESS – A stakeholder or group of stakeholders may present a grievance concerning the legality of actions by the Board during public comment. Substantive grievances will be examined by a panel set by the Board and the decisions may be appealed to the Department of Neighborhood Empowerment.
PUBLIC ACCESS OF RECORDS – In compliance with Government Code Section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the Board in advance of a meeting, may be viewed at our website by clicking on the following link – http://www.studiocitync.org or at the scheduled meeting. In addition, if you would like a copy of any record related to an item on the agenda please contact email@example.com .
SCNC BYLAWS – Please be advised that the Bylaws of the Studio City Neighborhood Council provide a process for reconsideration of actions as well as a grievance procedure. For your convenience, the Bylaws are available during every meeting.